St. Mary’s Class
Welcome to Saint Mary’s Class Page!
Teacher – Miss McCarthy
Teaching Assistant – Mrs Barron
Here in Saint Mary’s class we start every day with Guided Reading. Thank you so much to the parents who come into hear us read (we love showing off how good we are!). We could always do with some more help – so please don’t hesitate to let us know if you are able to help for 20 – 30 minutes any morning.
- Saint Mary’s homework will be set on a Friday, this will include: phonics worksheets in their pink homework books. These are the sounds that we have been learning in the week or previous. This all needs to be completed and handed back in on the following Wednesday.
- PE will take place on a Wednesday afternoon, please ensure school kit is in school. This includes trainers, a house colour top and navy/black shorts.
- We would love all of the children within Saint Mary’s class to read 5 times per week to an adult outside of school. (Everyone at home you are able to document this in the children’s yellow reading diaries). Both myself and Mrs Barron will keep a close eye on this (on your child’s change day) and any children fulfilling this task will be rewarded with 1 privilege point.
- Mystery Reader takes place on a Thursday afternoon 2.50-3.10. It is a chance for you to read your favourite story to the class, but they do not know who the reader is each week. The sign up sheet is outside the classroom. Please feel free to sign up to a day of your choice. Shhhh remember it’s a secret!
- Show and Tell takes place on a Tuesday afternoon and your child has been sent home with a rota for when it is their turn. Please send your child in with their show and tell on their day so we can share with the rest of the class.